Christmas, the big shopoholiday.

Normally people talk about how bad is that Christmas has turned in the last 20 or 30 years in this big couple of days when everyone is pushed to buy presents, so materialistic, driven by the big monster of the capitalist world.


Well... I just love it!


It could be because I´m so young, and it´s the only kind of Christmas I ever met, but I love buying presents, wasting a lot  of time on endless lines, and listening to this silly music surrounded by all those shiny lights in the main shopping street of my city.

Christmas is what it is, and actually, if you take all the stores out, you would just have some regular  vacation winter time, with not sense. The needing of shopping, consuming, buying stuff or just look at the stuff makes the deal.

We all say things like we don´t really need presents to be happy, the real love don´t need to be showed some specific day or presents are things that people give you instead their real love. Well, I just feel like a kid that morning, when I wake up so early and wait for everyone to be awake. I don´t care if you give me a pencil, a sock or a Tiffany´s ring, as long as it is wrapped and with my name.

I know it sounds selfish, or materialistic, but I´m actually talking about feelings. Before Christmas I was in the hospital, and I was not able to go out until a couple days after Christmas day. Although my family got here, we had a regular Christmas day and all that stuff.. I did not really feel like Christmas until I went out and saw the lights and shopping, and the music.

Yes, I´m kind of a shopaholic and a lucky one, because In Spain we don´t give presents on Christmas day, we do it tomorrow, and it is called the Three Kings (los Reyes Magos) (I would explain you what that actually is in my next post.)

Why should I feel bad about buying presents (cheep ones cause I am a little broke this year) and wrapping them into nice shiny little bags? I´m tired of hearing we are so materialistic, well.. we are, but what´s wrong with that? I also care about charity and global warm, but I´m not shy to say Christmas is not just a Christian thing anymore, is a shopping party and the day the family meets together and I love it!

What do you think? Don´t tell me you hate presents, we now that´s not it.

Now I´m going to finish my shopping list, and start wrapping all the presents!


Normalmentela gente habla de lo malo que es que en los ultimos veinte o treinta años la navidad se haya convertido en esos dias donte todo el mundo tiene que comprar, de una forma muy materialista, conducidos por el monstruo del capitalismo.


Bueno... A mi me encanta!!


Podría ser porque soy muy joven y estas son las únicas Navidades que conozco, pero me encanta comprar regalos, perder mucho tiempo en colas interminables y escuchar villancicos tontos rodeada de todas las lucecitas de navidad de las calles principales de compras.

La Navidad es lo que es, y en realidad si quitamos las tiendas tendríamos solo unas vacaciones normales en invierno sin sentido. La necesidad de comprar, de consumir, de adquirir cosas o simplemente mirarlas hace el resto.

Todos decimos que en realidad no necesitamos regalos para ser felices, que el amor de verdad no necesita mostrarse un determinado día, o quelos regalos es lo que la gente usa para sustituir al verdadero amor. Bueno, yo simplemente me siento como un niño cuando me levanto super temprano el día de Reyes y espero a que esten todos despiertos en casa. No me importa si me regalas un lapiz, un calcetín o un anillo de Tinffany´s siempre y cuando este envuelto y lleve mi nombre.

Sé que puede sonar egoista o materialista pero en realidad hablo de sentimientos. Antes de Navidad estuve en el hospital y no pude salir a la calle hasta un par de días después de Navidad. Aunque mi familia vino a casa y celebramos unas navidades como siempre... No me sentí como en Navidad hasta que no salí y vi las luces, la gente, las compras y la música.

Sí, soy un poco adicta a las compras pero una con suerte porque en España no damos los regalos en Navidad sino mañana, y se llama el día de Reyes Magos.

¿Por qué debería sentirme mal al comprar regalos (baratos, porque este año voy pelada) y envolverlos en bolsitas brillantes? Estoy cansada de oir lo materialistas que somos, bueno... lo somos, pero ¿qué pasa? También me preocupo por la caridad y el calentamiento global, pero no me da vergüenza decir que la Navidad ya no es sólo una fiesta religiosa, es una fiesta de compras y el día en el que todos nos reunimos, y me encata!! 

¿Tú que piensas? Y no digas que odias los regalos, los dos sabemos que no es así.

Ahora voy a terminar mis compras y a envolver los regalos para mañana! 

Love, 
Adri

This entry was posted on 5 ene 2013 and is filed under ,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply