Singapore Fashion Week

Songzio Fashion Show


Yesterday I got the chance to attend to my first fashion show, and I loved it!! I got a invitation to watch the Korean designer Sngzio's runway, and there are not words to describe how fabulous it was. 

Ayer tuve la oportunidad de asistir a mi primer desfile de moda, y me ha encantado!! Me invitaron al desfile del diseñador Koreano Songzio, y no tengo palabras para describirlo!!


Singapore Fashion Week is different, it last way longer than the others fashion weeks (it last 11 days,much more than a week), but it only offers around 3 shows per day. And since everything happens in the evening, everyone is able to attend to some fashion shows after work. I think this differentiated strategy is really interesting because although the big fashion weeks are meant to be intense and fast, this one takes its time, and let you enjoy fashion longer in smaller doses, if you can stay here for that long, of course. 

La semana de la moda de Singapur es diferente, dura mucho más que otras semanas de la moda (11 días, bastante más que una semana), pero solo ofrece unos 3 desfiles al día. Además, dado que todos los desfiles son por la noche, todo el mundo puede asistir a algún desfile después de trabajar. Esta estrategia tan diferente me parece muy interesante porque, aunque las grandes semanas de la moda están hechas para ser intensas y rápidas, esta se toma su tiempo, y te deja disfrutar de la moda más tiempo, en pequeñas dosis. Si puedes estar tanto tiempo en Singapur, claro. 

 Another interesting point about Sigapore´s Fashion week is that it brings a little bit of everything: it mixes Asian Couture and French Couture as well as Pret-a-porter and ready-to-wear collections. The mixture is impressive, and the atmosphere is great! And... It was not as crowded as I expected, so it was even better to enjoy the show!!

Otro aspecto interesante sobre la Semana de la Moda de Singapur es que mezcla un poco de todo. Trae desde Alta Costura Asiática o Francesa hasta colecciones Pret-a-porter o ready-to-wear. La mezcla es impresionante, y la el ambiente aún mejor!! Y.. No estaba tan lleno como esperaba, así que fue incluso mejor de lo esperado para disfrutar del desfile!!




The runway was set with small houses and trees, and when the music started, everything become a fantasy, a dream. Beautiful male models started to walk, with different textures, where white red and black were the kings whether in color block or print, and it was amazing!!

La pasarela estaba ambientada con pequeñas casitas y árboles, y cuando la música empezó a sonar, todo se convirtió en una fantasía, en un sueño. Chicos guapísimos compenzaron a desfilar con mezclas de texturas donde reinaba el blanco, rojo y negro en bloques o estampado, y fue mágico!! 








If I have to pick something in special I would say I loved the print and the scarfs, specially in black and white!!

Si tengo que quedarme con algo, creo que sería los pañuelos para el cuello y los estampados, especialmente el blanco y negro!!

The designer after the show  /  El diseñador después del show
And... This is me!! Unfortunately you can not really see me because of the lights, but there is not much to show... Here in Singapore I don´t have many clothes, and I am starting to miss my Spanish wardrobe so much!! 

Y... Esta soy yo!! Desafortunadamente no se me ve muy bien por las luces, pero tampoco hay mucho que ver... Aquí en Singapur no tengo mucha ropa, y estoy empezando a echar muchísimo de menos mi armario español!!

 Zara´s bag, skirt and necklace, Pedro del Hierro´s shoes, H&M jacket and New Look´s Shirt.
Couture starts after Wednesday, and I am dying to see some of those runways!! If I am lucky, I will have material for a new entry soon!!

A partir del miércoles empieza la Alta Costura, y estoy deseando poder asistir a algún desfile!! Con un poco de suerte, pronto tendré material para otra entrada!!


Love, 
Adri

Leave a Reply